Heavy Ion Physics at UC Davis with STAR and CMS
Welcome to the homepage of UCD Nuclear Physics group! We hope that these
pages will be interesting and useful to you. This main page generally
contains events, meeting schedule, and announcements.
The Nuclear Group is located in
the 3rd floor of the Physics Building, in the South wing.
2014-2015 Events of Interest
- STAR Collaboration Meeting, November 3-7 2014
- CPOD2014, Bielefeld, Germany, November 17-21 2014
- Initial Condition 2014, Napa, December 3-6 2014
- Finals Week, Fall Quarter, December 15-19, 2014
- First Day of Classes, Winter Quarter, January 05
- Winter Workshop 2015, Keystone, Colorado, January 25-31 2015
- RIKEN-BNL BES-II workshop, BNL, February 25-26 2015
- Finals Week, Winter Quarter, March 17-21
- First Day of classes, Spring Quarter, March 30
- APS General Meeting, Baltimore, April 11-14
- Finals Week, Spring Quarter, June 6-11
- Quark Matter 2015, Kobe, Japan, September 27-03
- APS DNP Meeting, Santa Fe, New Mexico, October 28-31 2015
Weekly meetings (Room 395)
- Group Meeting: Thursday at either 11 AM or 2 PM.
- DENS Seminar: Wed 2:40 - 4:00 pm
News and Announcements
- The propsal to NSF for supporting our research for
2014-2017 has been awarded.
- The proposal to NSF for the IMAX film at LHC "Secrets of the Universe" was funded.
Fall Quarter 2016 Teaching:
- MCBS: Physics 105A. TR 9:00AM
- DAC: TBD
Winter Quarter 2017 Teaching:
- MCBS: Physics 7C. F 7:30AM, 9:00AM
- DAC: Physics 7A. T 7:30AM, 9:00AM
Spring Quarter 2017 Teaching:
- MCBS: Physics 9A. T,R 10:30AM
- DAC: TBD